Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Even though I carry a .45 now, it's more because I like the gun itself as a whole, not necessarily the calibre. I'd say the "best" cal for shooting targets is probably .22 LR, it's so versatile, cheap, and available. For defence it's gotta be 9x19mm as ballistics experts, including those in the FBI who ended up ditching 10mm and .40 (and not even running with .45 much), have concluded that with modern defensive ammunition, there's little to no difference between a wound between any of the major handgun cals. A .45 HST is gonna look almost identical to a 9mm Gold Dot. If that's the case, may as well do what all the world's LE and .mil do and adopt 9mm for the increased capacity and lower recoil and cost.

Now for my favourite, that's a different story... My fav target calibres ever are .45 Colt and .44 Special. Back when I was reloading I'd load up as much of these as I had components for, then go to the range and shoot til my hand was sore. Then I'd be back at home reloading the same casings in preparation for the next range trip. Something about that thump and deep, bassy boom of those calibres is super satisfying. Same deal with simply loading those fat cartridges into my Uberti Bisley or S&W 69. Can't get enough of big bore revolvers.

Really…
    A ‘This caliber is better than that caliber’ post?
    Some people just want to see the world burn.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

Well, yeah! Why not? This caliber debate should be at the top of everyone's list of things to discuss. It certainly beats talking about the current WH resident.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Waverly View Post
    Well, yeah! Why not? This caliber debate should be at the top of everyone's list of things to discuss. It certainly beats talking about the current WH resident.
    The Beatles are the most overrated band in the world.
    Chili with beans is still chili.
    People who drive standards only do it so they can lord it over everyone else.
    Fords suck. Chevy's suck. Rams are the only real truck out there.
    Cat's are *******s. People should only keep dogs as pets.
    Ohio State is a better school.

There. You are trying to start the fire with flint and wet tinder.
    Least I'm bringing a M2 and willlie pete to the party.
    Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. Ronald Reagan

Gotta be somebody need some killin
    Major Benson Winifred Payne

I am a Forum User
    Ive never had so much fun shooting a 9mm as when i shot my MKE mp5 clone with a pistol brace. Accuracy was fantastic and recoil was nothing. I knocked down 5 plates in a row no way i could do that with my Glock 19.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    9mm has improved a lot from years past. My favorite round.

MGO Board of Directors

.22LR for steel targets.
    12Ga for clays. I shoot a lot of those.
    30/06 for rifle. Ya, I'm old school.
    9mm for EDC. Currently the best balance of carry weight and stopping power.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    The 45 is my absolutely favorite round for a day at the range
    The 9mm is my carry pistols
    22 LR is in my bug out bag
    5.56/.223 is the round I’ve probably fired most in rifle
    308/7.62 is probably the best round I’ve ever fired for Michigan
    300 blackout suppressed is my favorite round for making new comers comfortable shooting
    357 mag is my deer round for Michigan
    300 win mag is my favorite target round
    12 guage is clays and ducks and pheasant and defending the home..

Why have a favorite child or limb or caliber..

For self defense I first carried a 1911 in the right caliber ( 45acp), But I learned a couple years ago that a 9mm would " blow someone's lung out" and since the whole objective is to stop the threat I decided to start carrying 9mm. it must be the best.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12