Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Any metro detroit shops with custom aks gas block fsb shortish barrel

I have two saigas I converted a long time ago, never got my new fsb with Russian ak74 brake pressed on.

Buuuut. I've never even held something with a chopped barrel and sight moved back.

Does it really matter does it handle well enough to merit the cost, loss of velocity, shorter sight radius or any other pros or cons.

What say you

7.62x39
    And 5.56 running galil orlite and steel mags.

I am a Forum User
    What kind of conversion and what barrel length are they now ? did you convert them to Krinkov length ?

MGO Member

Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    What kind of conversion and what barrel length are they now ? did you convert them to Krinkov length ?
    Factory saiga length I think 16 or possibly 16.25

Quote Originally Posted by 5.56 View Post
    I'll email him again. I heard people suggest he was super backed up, maybe we'll over a year.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I have two saigas I converted a long time ago, never got my new fsb with Russian ak74 brake pressed on.

Buuuut. I've never even held something with a chopped barrel and sight moved back.

Does it really matter does it handle well enough to merit the cost, loss of velocity, shorter sight radius or any other pros or cons.

What say you

7.62x39
    And 5.56 running galil orlite and steel mags.

No its not worth the hassle to have a short Ak, especially the Saigas which are expensive. When you shorten them now you get into the SBR and pistol territory. I say keep them as rifles and enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by BillR View Post
    No its not worth the hassle to have a short Ak, especially the Saigas which are expensive. When you shorten them now you get into the SBR and pistol territory. I say keep them as rifles and enjoy them.
    Have you handled many shorter ak's ?

I don't dislike them as they are after I converted them, I just get one chance to do it, so I was trying to make the right choice. In particular the 7.62 I was going for the more reccent clasoc Russian look black poly furniture, Russian brake. Side mount red dot low.

I am a Forum User
    Have you handled many shorter ak's ?

I don't dislike them as they are after I converted them, I just get one chance to do it, so I was trying to make the right choice. In particular the 7.62 I was going for the more reccent clasoc Russian look black poly furniture, Russian brake. Side mount red dot low.

Like a AK104 ? This has a 12.4 inch barrel.

https://en.kalashnikovgroup.ru/catal...shnikova-ak104

I am a Forum User

If the link above is what you want to go for in your build then you should already have the 16.3 inch barrel length with the Saiga and just need to add the front sight block/brake . The link is a AK103 with folding stock. If your thinking about adding a folding stock and chopping the barrel down there is the SBR requirement's to consider. From a shooting perspective id dont think its worth the SBR hassle of ownership for a few inches of barrel length and a folding stock . From a collectors view and the cool factor a short AK is pretty assume. I have not shot a short barreled AK47 or one with a folding stock so i can only assume its a bit tough to be accurate but portability would improve.